Friday, September 30, 2011

wild life

Ladybirds and cockatoos are not the only wild life in my garden.  I won't mention the possums but they do leave their calling cards in some parts of the garden and sometimes on the car.  At the moment the lizards are hiding and there are many places for them to seek shelter from this inclement weather we have been getting.  When it is warm and sunny though, I see them scuttling along when they hear me come.  I have seen little ones and the big blue tongue variety.  When the sun comes out the birds will return.  I wonder if the crows have finished building their nests.  I have been watching one a couple of weeks ago, breaking off a long twig from the jacaranda tree and flying off with it in its beak.  The twig itself is as long as the bird but it managed somehow.  The magpies like to stand on the edge of the garden box, looking for worms, I suppose.  I was digging the soil to plant seedlings (pepper, chillies, tomatoes and eggplants) this afternoon and I found enough worms to satisfy any number of magpies.  They (magpies) are too fast for me to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment