Thursday, September 1, 2011

blossoms

This time of the year we see pink and white blossoms of the stone fruits.  No exception in my garden as the peaches, nectarine and the lone apricot are all showing off their delicate flowers, attracting bees and providing a gentle buzzing sound outside.  From the house I am enjoying the view of fresh looking blossoms.  The pink of the small flat peach is just about finished but the big peach tree close to the front verandah is still full of flowers.  Last year I had to prune the tree hard as it suffered from curled leaves.  I don't know if the spraying I did in winter would prevent a recurrence.  I hope my apricot tree will give me a few more fruits and from the strength of the white blossoms I hope to enjoy a few sweet apricot in summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment