Monday, August 1, 2011

Spring day

Spring is here today and I am fortunate to be able to spend just about the whole day gardening.  I took time to admire the flowers which seem especially bright in the sunshine.  The different patches of violets seem to glow and the purple iris looks quite regal.  I saw my first rununculus bud.  The anemones are still going strong.  Even the red chillies seem to shine in the sunlight.  I still have chillies on various bushes and I pick them when needed. I sowed red and mauve poppy seeds.  Poppy seedlings are already appearing in the garden and I plan to stagger the sowing so I can have a longer poppy season.  I have to remember to sow more bok choi and radish as I have been harvesting them.  At the moment I can live quite well on the vegetables from the garden.  I dug up a bucket of potatoes this morning and that should do for the next couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment