Thursday, April 7, 2011

zucchini

I am still picking zucchinis and as seen in the picture, taken this morning, the zucchini bush is still producing fruits.  At the moment there are three bushes and they are a bit bedraggled but I know I will still be harvesting inthe next few weeks.  A large zucchini surprised me this morning when I looked underneath a leaf.  I try to pick them when they are still small but a bit of water and warmth and the fruit would balloon to a gigantic size.
I can always find some use for zucchinis when I cannot give them away.  They good savoury dishes, for making cakes or muffins and for pickling.  At the moment I can still pick the three main vegetables for ratatouille from my garden.  The eggplants, peppers, zucchinis and tomatoes have enabled me to make ratatouille right through the summer and it looks like I will still be picking them in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment