Thursday, January 19, 2017

Cucurbit

I think, vegetables from the cucurbit family are quite easy to grow.  They can be prolific, given the right conditions.  I have growing in my garden, white squash, cucumber and zucchini.  There are some pumpkin seedlings from the compost heap and these I have put in a large pot and hopefully I may get a pumpkin or two out of them.  I have placed the pot in a sunny position and there is room for the vine to grow along the fence.  The roots can wander out of the pot into the ground.

Cucumber vine with flowers and a baby cucumber.

Cucumber, burpless, ready to pick.

There are baby squash beneath the leaves.  I will pick some small and will leave one to grow to maturity for the seeds.

Zucchini, a bit slow but I have picked a couple of tender young ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment