Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Summer colours

Finally some colours are appearing in the garden.  The grass is mainly brown but some old faithfuls, such as the Brazilian plume flowers and hibiscus are looking good.

Brazilian plume flowers

Hibiscus


This dahlia appears every summer.  It was planted by the previous owner amongst the azaleas.  I have not done anything to the corm, forgetting every year as, once the plant withers in winter the azaleas start to flower and I do not like to disturb the ground around them.

I bought this dianthus to add some colour to the garden and it seems to be doing well.  I will transfer it to one of the garden beds when it finishes flowering.

Petunias can cheer a garden up very quickly.  I hope the plants will overfill the pot to give a mass of colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment