Tuesday, January 27, 2015

meagre harvest


This season I cannot boast of a bountiful harvest but I have tasted some beautiful fruits and vegetables from the garden.  The sunflower I picked from the ground, rescued from a flock of cockatoos enjoying snipping off the flowers with hardly any stalk.  The tomatoes are sweet and juicy.  Not many flat peaches this year but the tree managed to put in sweetness into its few fruits.
I will be buying more manure to improve the soil in the garden and garden boxes.


This heritage bean grows in a biggish pot, facing North West and has produced a few beans.  I will let a couple to mature so I can keep the seeds.  I was given two seeds and they both germinated and grew.

I have planted more basil seedlings as the older ones are going to seed.  I hope to have fresh basils until the beginning of the frosty weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment