Saturday, February 27, 2016

unexpected harvest

This is what is left of the six plums I picked from my damson tree this morning.  It was an unexpected find.  I was checking out my outside garden after my morning walk.  The area beneath the damson tree was quite untidy and as I pulled out a few weeds I saw a bunch of the plums.  I used to pick bags of the fruit from my old neighbour's garden in Alphington.  Before she sold her house a few years ago she dug up a couple of young damson trees that had grown from suckers and these trees I planted in my outside garden.  I saw some blossoms in spring and then nothing.  Imagine my sheer delight when I saw the fruits.  The fruit is tart but refreshing.  Below is a picture of the tree.  Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me when I made my discovery.



No comments:

Post a Comment