Friday, December 7, 2012

Banksia

The banksia finally shows its beauty after over three years of waiting.  I bought the spindly plant from the bargain table at CERES in Brunswick over three years ago and planted it in my outside garden.  It took forever to grow and while other plants close by were shooting up this miserable specimen remained neither lively nor dead.  When it finally grew to over a meter high it began to look healthier.  Early this year I saw signs of flower buds which remained in the same state for months.
It has taken a few months for the buds to finally bloom and it has proven to be a beauty.  I have no idea what the variety it but it does not matter to me as I tend not to remember names.  I can see the flowers from my kitchen window and I am sure I will see the honeyeaters drinking the nectars.

No comments:

Post a Comment