Sunday, June 3, 2012

Chilli and bok choi

You would think this chilli bush would have wilted with the cold weather we have been getting, but no.  I have been picking this hot bird's eye chillies when required rather than have them sitting in the fridge.  There are green chillies waiting to ripen.  The bush is a splash of colours, starting with the very young fruit starting as shiny black and then turning green as it gets bigger and finally the fiery red.  I hope this bush will keep me in chillies through the winter months.

What could be nicer than stir-fried bok choi, freshly picked?  I grew these bok choi from seedlings as I was too lazy to start from seeds.  They have been doing very well and I have to remember to purchase more seedlings.  Bok choi self sow quite easily and I have found a few seedlings coming up from seeds from the previous season.  I had left a couple of plants to go to seed and did not get around to collecting the seeds and they had looked after themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment