Friday, May 4, 2012

White chrysanthemum and feijoa

I rescued this white chrysanthemum from the garden bed where it was looking half dead.  I hurriedly placed the clump in a pot with some compost and forgot about it.  The compost must have helped for I have been rewarded with some flowers which look better in real life.  I will have to look for a spot in the garden to plant it in when it has finished flowering.  In its first season a few years ago it was a splendid bush covered in the white flowers.
At the moment you may find gardens with feijoas left to rot under the trees.  I hope this feijoa bush of mine will grow into a productive tree and I will pick each and everyone of the fruits off the ground.  Feijoas are ready when they drop.  I discovered a few fruits on this bush and will wait to see if they will ripen.  They are not very big and may not have much flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment